Re: Gouache fixative????

Hmm. Of course, now that I re-read your note, it occurs that you may have ALREADY DONE the painting... In which case, the advice I provided is not very useful ;-)

Glair will indeed provide a protective sealant, but the problem is getting it on the painting without moving the pigments in the meantime.

If it was me, I'd probably go with an archival matte fixative in a spray can.
Plastic, that is...

P.