Re: Sealing gouache

I'm thinking that glair sprayed on top of the gouache painting could work?  I
keep thinking I'll try this, but I haven't yet.  Has anyone?  (Can you
actually spray egg whites?  I have visions of a long viscous string coming
out of the spray bottle.)  Alternatively, what about spraying methyl
cellulose?  I've brushed MC over gouache, with some resultant smearing, but I
wasn't worried about that at the time.  Maybe spraying that would work.

I always worry about whether a spray will make a satisfactory "sandwich."
Maybe the spray won't like the paint, for instance.  Maybe they'll separate,
somehow.  The most satisfactory thing is to put the glair in the gouache
before painting, but it could be too late for that.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's made any of these experiments.

Regards,

Beth Lee
Tallahassee, Florida

E-mail:  <A HREF="mailto:Callibeth@aol.com">Callibeth@aol.com</A>