Re: Gouache fixative

Daniel Kelm once recommended I try using Renaissance Wax for a similar need
with small gouache paintings, and I was fairly pleased with the results. It
will depend on your paper, and I would recommending doing some
experiments/tests before applying to the finished piece. The wax may cause
some slight change of color and in some cases smearing. Use a clean, smooth
cloth and a light touch. (This product is available from conservation
supply houses.)
Tracy Honn
Silver Buckle Press
236 Memorial Library