Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Jan 2000 to 11 Jan 2000 (#2000-11)

Re: Gouache Fixative
From: Lilypeek@aol.com

Marcia:

I have included a lot of watercolor and gouache in my books.  To keep the
images from smearing, I lightly spray them with workable matte fixative, and
then follow with a light coat of Renaissance Wax, rubbed, then buffed with a
soft cloth.  If the pages will receive a lot of handling, I would also add a
layer of acrylic matte varnish after the fixative.  You must fix the image
first though, or you'll get a lot of smearing.  Good luck!
Sharon McCartney