[Fwd: Biennial]

--------------37083AB3B3B3B4690F8AF47F

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:02:19 -0600
From: Melissa Jay Craig <mcraig@popmail.colum.edu>
To: book&paper@popmail.colum.edu
Subject: Biennial

--------------B2980BAB89F583925AC201DD

 filename="The Millennial.txt"

The Millennial Biennial!

Columbia College Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts announces
a call for entries for our second National Book and Paper Arts Biennial
Exhibition. We are looking for the best artists’ books, editioned books, fine
binding, paper sculpture, papermaking, printing, decorative paper, calligraphy
and lettering produced in the United States during the previous two years.  All
media which can possibly be used in conjunction with the aforementioned are
eligible, with the exception of commercially produced trade books.  One of the
nice things about our Biennial is that you can actually enter it; you don’t have to
sit around waiting for some curator person to notice you and turn you into a
pumpkin.  We will bring together three intelligent, open-minded jurors who are
book and paper arts professionals from a variety of geographic locales, to select
the art.  There will be a catalog produced of this year’s exhibition, which will take
place here at the Center’s spacious new galleries from September 15 to October
27, 2000.  Slides are due for jurying by March 31st, 2000 so visit our website,
write, email, fax or call today for a prospectus!

Mailing address:
Prospectus
Columbia College Chicago
Center for Book and Paper Arts
1104 South Wabash, 2nd Floor
Chicago IL 60605

Phone:  312-344-6630
Fax:  312-344-8082
Email:  book&paper@popmail.colum.edu

www.colum.edu/centers/bpa

 The Second National Book and Paper Arts Biennial Exhibition  ~ Prospectus:

The selection process will be by blind jurying.  The jurors will see your slides and the slide
descriptions from your entry form only.  Remember, we are seeking recent artwork from the
previous two years.

Timeline:
*Completed entries are due by March 31, 2000.
* Notices of acceptance will be in the mail by April 21,  2000.
* Accepted work will be due at the Center by May 15, 2000.
           (to allow for the production of the catalogue.)
*The exhibition dates are September 15 to October 27, 2000
            with an opening reception on September 15 from 5-8 p.m.

Slides:
You may submit up to six slides; these may be six different pieces, six slides of one piece,
two slides each of three pieces, and so on.  The slides should be standard 35mm in
cardboard or plastic mounts. Your slides must be clearly marked with: the entry form
number, your name, the title of the work, an indication of the top of the slide, and a dot
in the lower left-hand corner.  We will need to add our own identifying markings to the
slides to aid the jurying process.

Entry Form:
Please fill out the attached entry form.  It must accompany your entry. Do not send other
descriptions – the jury will not see these and they cannot be returned.  Please type or
print legibly!  This is the information the jury will see!

One Copy of your Resume:
Please do not send other materials such as exhibition announcements, postcards, copies
of reviews, prints of additional work or promotional pieces – the jury will not see these
and they cannot be returned.

Entry Fee:
A nonrefundable check for $20.00 payable to Columbia College Chicago must
accompany your entry.

Self-Addressed Stamped Slide Return Envelope:
Your slides will be returned to you in this envelope.

Send this all clearly addressed to:
Biennial 2000
Columbia College Chicago
Center for Book and Paper Arts
1104 South Wabash, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605

Phone:312-344-6630    Fax: 312-344-8082    Email: book&paper@popmail.colum.edu
The Second National Book and Paper Arts Biennial Exhibition
Columbia College Chicago -  Center for Book and Paper Arts  1104 South  Wabash, 2nd Floor, Chicago IL 60605

Name:_________________________________________________________________
Address:_______________________________________________________________
Phone: (day)_________________________  (evening)_________________________
Fax:__________________________  email address:____________________________

Slide #1
Title:__________________________________________________________________________
Media:________________________________________________________________________
Dimensions:________________________ Date Completed:___________________________

Slide #2
Title:__________________________________________________________________________
Media:________________________________________________________________________
Dimensions:________________________ Date Completed:___________________________

Slide #3
Title:__________________________________________________________________________
Media:________________________________________________________________________
Dimensions:________________________ Date Completed:___________________________

Slide #4
Title:__________________________________________________________________________
Media:________________________________________________________________________

Slide #5

Slide #6

Checklist:  ___slides  ___entry form  ___resume  ___entry fee  ___ slide return envelope