Re: EDIBLE BOOK HIGH TEA UPDATE

--=====================_2396335==_.ALT

FIRST EDIBLE BOOK HIGH TEA on 1 April 2000 in artist book centers and=
 similar
groups throughout the world.  All works of art must be edible and have
something to do with books!  Each center must activate this event for their=
 own
audience, but two copies of the menu must be laminated and preserved for the
central Archive in Santa Monica, c/o Umbrella, P.O. Box 3640, Santa Monica,=
 CA
90408.  A ditigal camera and on-line facilities may be served up as well--so
that a description and photos can be sent out on the Internet simultaneously
with the event.  From 2 - 4 there will be an exhibit of the works of art and=
 at
4 p.m. in your respective time zone High Tea (or Coffee) will be served=
 along
with the works of art disseminated as the audience wishes.  Tickets could be
sold for the event.  A videotaping of the event is also suggested.

Each venue can use this as a fundraiser, or a sale, or whatever, but it must=
 be
documented for a potential book emanating from Umbrella Editions.  This=
 event
is supported by Umbrella Editions and Colophon Page.

We have started a website to link all the websites and places hosting the
Edible Book Event.

Edible Book Event: http://www.geocities.com/books2eat/

The event will be recorded at different levels, due to the last minute
making of the art work, not to eat "past expiration date" book, and also
the different limitations of our technical equipment. Our website will
link to the other websites where you can post your images before, during
or after the event as possible. On the website Beatrice Caron made a link to
geocities for participants to be able to host their own free website. We
would like to have digital pictures of some works and will post a
selection on the menu website.

The Center for Book Arts in New York will post the call for artists next
week. For their event they will start the exhibition at 4pm as they have
classes that day finishing at 4pm. We now have participation in France and
England, but would like to post any and all news on the website.
Please let Beatrice Coron know at her geocities site about your events,=
 plans,
proposals, images, etc.

B=E9atrice Coron
http://www.geocities.com/books2eat/
Let's keep in touch !

Judith
Judith A. Hoffberg                         tel.:       (310)399-1146
Umbrella/Umbrella Editions          fax:       (310)399-5070
P.O. Box 3640
Santa Monica CA 90408
umbrella@ix.netcom.com
http://colophon.com/journal
Let a smile be your umbrella!=20
--=====================_2396335==_.ALT

FIRST EDIBLE BOOK HIGH TEA on 1 April 2000 in artist book centers and
similar groups throughout the world.&nbsp; All works of art must be
edible and have something to do with books!&nbsp; Each center must
activate this event for their own audience, but two copies of the menu
must be laminated and preserved for the central Archive in Santa Monica,
c/o Umbrella, P.O. Box 3640, Santa Monica, CA 90408.&nbsp; A ditigal
camera and on-line facilities may be served up as well--so that a
description and photos can be sent out on the Internet simultaneously
with the event.&nbsp; From 2 - 4 there will be an exhibit of the works of
art and at 4 p.m. in your respective time zone High Tea (or Coffee) will
be served along with the works of art disseminated as the audience
wishes.&nbsp; Tickets could be sold for the event.&nbsp; A videotaping of
the event is also suggested.<br>
Each venue can use this as a fundraiser, or a sale, or whatever, but it
must be documented for a potential book emanating from Umbrella
Editions.&nbsp; This event is supported by Umbrella Editions and Colophon
Page.<br>
We have started a website to link all the websites and places hosting the
Edible Book Event.<br>
Edible Book Event:
 eudora=3D"autourl"><u>http://www.geocities.com/books2eat/<br>
</a></u>The event will be recorded at different levels, due to the last
minute<br>
making of the art work, not to eat &quot;past expiration date&quot; book,
and also<br>
the different limitations of our technical equipment. Our website
will<br>
link to the other websites where you can post your images before,
during<br>
or after the event as possible. On the website Beatrice Caron made a link
to<br>
geocities for participants to be able to host their own free website.
We<br>
would like to have digital pictures of some works and will post a<br>
selection on the menu website.<br>
The Center for Book Arts in New York will post the call for artists
next<br>
week. For their event they will start the exhibition at 4pm as they
have<br>
classes that day finishing at 4pm. We now have participation in France
and England, but would like to post any and all news on the=20
website.<br>
Please let Beatrice Coron know at her geocities site about your events,
plans, proposals, images, etc.<br>
B=E9atrice Coron<br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.geocities.com/books2eat/</a><br>
Let's keep in touch !<br>
Judith<br>
Hoffberg&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
tel.:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (310)399-1146</div>
Editions&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (310)399-5070</div>
 EUDORA=3DAUTOURL>http://colophon.com/journal</a></div>
Let a smile be your umbrella!