Re: How to get rid of cigarette smell on books ?

It's too damp where I live to put anything valued out into the open air.
I'd recommend putting the book into a chamber of some sort (I use a large
rigid plastic box with a sealable lid) together with a zeolite, such as
activated charcoal.  I've experimented with several books that smelled
musty by wrapping them well in pellon (spun polyester material, sold in
fabric stores), then burying the wrapped book in deodorizing cat litter,
which has a zeolite in it.  After a few days the books smell fine, but as
they weren't MY books, I don't know whether they have remained odor free.
However, no one has told me the smell came back.

Carol Pratt
Eugene, OR
======