Question on Label/Titles

I would like to find a method to create a "label"
for the spine title, that can be bonded to the spine with PVA.
I was wondering if this is the procedure.
Generally, the label would be Black with either Gold or Red lettering,
with a border.
What materials are used, and how do you make such a label?
Are there any suppliers or places where a label can be made?

Thanks