Re: Labels

The responses to this query have been timely and interesting.  I like to
use Canson mi-teinte paper for projects but have found that it does a poor
job of taking toner because of its tooth.  In the past I have used a
clear acrylic spray after printing and find that this works.

This morning I decided to try another approach.  I thought that the
problem might be inadequate fusing of the toner to the paper.  Thus, I
printed some text just after turning on my printer and/or home copying
machine.  This rubbed off fairly easily.  Then I waited a half hour and
made another copy which resists flaking.  Experimenting further I found
that using the darkest possible setting I got the best results.

So far, this seems to work.  My next solution would have been to try to
iron the paper or put it in a dry mount press.

R*

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Yehuda Miklaf wrote:

> I have had problems with labels from a laser printer smearing or rubbing
> off when I glue them down, so I spray them with a fixitive beforehand.
>
> But what about the lightfastness of the inks?
>
> Yehuda Miklaf

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle