Re: pamphlet sewing

I'm going to reply to the list as well on this.

Hollytext and Reemay are both spunbonded polyesters and as such inert and
tear-resistant. Conservators use them as supports in washing. They,
especially Reemay are also used for lining cloths. I prefer Hollytex
because the surface is "tighter" and it is less likely to pill, i.e. get
fuzzy. You can get both from conservation supply places. I know Bookmakers
sells the Hollytex and Gaylord & University Products both sell Reemay,
which is also cheaper.

p.

At 10:10 PM 1/21/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Peter
>
>For the unfamiliar, could you explain what Hollytex or Reemay are?
>
>-jack-
>

>On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Peter Verheyen wrote:
>
>> One of the things we did in Bill Minter's show was to take a piece of thin
>> Hollytex or Reemay and sew it in at the center fold. This really helped
>> with reducing the treat of the thread cutting and made a hugh difference,
>> especially with marginal materials
>>
>> Peter
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Peter D. Verheyen
>> <mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
>> <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>> Home of the Book Arts Web
>> John Vassos Bibliography

>>             resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
>>                       <http://www.philobiblon.com>

Philobiblon: Book arts different by design
Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web & Book_Arts-L