Re: Fore Edge Painting

I am not at work right now, so I cannot supply any book references and
certainly not for modern fore-edge paintings. However, I did scan some of
those few in our collection and put them up. Very badly done scanning and I
am thinking of redoing them. Sigh.

http://web.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/rarebook/foredge/fore2.htm

The best is the Tasso, although I am also very fond of the Walton and
Crusoe. Won't help you with technique, but maybe will give you some ideas.

PS: We do have other, but they are so awful, I chose not to scan them.

Best regards,

Jeffrey A. Barr
Curator of Rare Books
PO Box 117007