Spine Labels

--------------1D923B5A57CE58649E0439EE

Another method of making very presentable labels and complete spines is
shown on our website  Sage Old Books . Lorraine has developed this
technique using an inkjet printer and embossing powder to very good
effect. It gives the advantage of being able to use the wealth of fonts
and decorative elements available on the computer and still get the gilt
effect on the label.

Once the embossing powder is set, the water soluble nature of the inkjet
print no longer matters. Although we have a blocking press in our
bindery it is sometimes more convenient to use the Sage technique where
decoration rather than provenance is the primary concern . It is also
possible to print and emboss directly onto cloth using this technique.

An end to our lurking. Let us know what you think.

Regards - Ian & Lorraine

--------------1D923B5A57CE58649E0439EE

Another method of making very presentable labels and complete spines is
shown on our website&nbsp; <a href="http://www.sageold.com.au/sagetech.html">Sage
Old Books</a> . Lorraine has developed this technique using an inkjet printer