Electric paste pot!?

--------------A1E33A63F6E1E9ED23C3FF59

Hi,

I am brand new to this list and am bringing a perhaps off-the-wall query
to all of you.

In a recent book by Annie Tremmell Wilcox, "A Degree of Mastery", she
makes a one line reference (while talking about bookbinding) to a
kitchen appliance she was using to make and mix paste for binding. It is
apparently an electric double boiler with a powered stirring arm of some
sort that she uses to cook and stir the paste simultaneously without
having to pay a lot of attention to the process.

Needless to say I want one of these but I have scoured catalogues and
the internet with no success in finding one. She comments that she
surmises its intended use was for making Hollandaise sauce or some such
but no supplier has ever heard of one of these.

My question is - do any of you know what this is and/or where I can get
one of these appliances? Or, can anybody put me in touch with Ms. Wilcox
in hopes that she knows?

Thanks very much for any help anybody can give me.

Chester Prudhomme