Single-screw finishing press

Howdy all!

I have just been given a couple of pieces of equipment, one of which I'm not sure how to
use or if I'm using it correctly. It is a Italian single-screw finishing press.

Does anyone have suggestions on publications that explain its use, or have experience
using one? All advice much appreciated. Thanks for your time. --Dave.