Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 30 Jan 2000 to 31 Jan 2000 (#2000-30)

Does anyone know if matches can ignite under exhibition lighting?  I have
made several artist books using actual matches - one is now in exhibition and
I was asked by the curator if the matches could ignite.  It seems unlikely
and I (and other artists) have used matches in work without ever having a
problem - so I'm not particularly worried but I thought I'd ask.  Also: does
anyone know of a solution - a fluid or material  - that I could use that
would make the matches un-ignitable?  I do not want to remove the
'match-heads' as their color adds to the book AND, more importantly, their
use is part of the content.
- Robbin Ami Silverberg
    Dobbin Books, NYC
    DobbinMill@aol.com