Re: Bookart in ITALY

For Lisa Pogoff and other travelers
When in Venice I recommend including a visit to the art gallery and
store of sculptor Livio De Marchi. Address is Salizzada San Samuele, San
Marco n.3157/A.
He works in wood and a good deal of his subject matter are books. He
makes small beautifully carved single wooden books with drawers, or a
stack of books that is an entire chest of drawers, chairs that are
carvings of books, to a huge construction that seems to be haphazard
pile of books but is a houseboat (I saw a photo of that).
Buon viaggio
S.Rotolo