An Exhibition of my work in Wyoming

Dear Book friends;
Forgive my being out of touch and the lateness of this announcement.
I am having an exhibition of my work in Wyoming. It is up now thru
February 18.

Housekeeping and the Rules of Engagement
Boookworks and Wearable Texts by
Miriam Schaer

is at the

Western Wyoming Community College Art Gallery
2500 College Drive
Rock Springs, Wyoming 82902-0428

Gallery hours are
Monday-Sunday 9am-10pm

For further information please contact:
Florence Alfano McEwin, PhD
307-382-1600

The show has book/objects, made from clothing and the 20 aprons which
make up the
series, The Rules of Engagement. Each piece has an embroidered text from
Sun Tzu's
The Art of War on a hostess apron with images of idealized women. Other
examples of the book pieces, as well as the first 8 aprons in the Rules
of Engagment series can be seen on Colophon Page in the Gallery
(www.colophon.com/gallery/mschaer) The Rules of Engagement was begun in
1996 and finished in 1999.

I made color cards for the exhibit, with the piece titled "Houskeeping"
on the front.
If you would like to receive one, please send me your snail mail address
(off list), and I will get to it to you ASAP. I am having another show in
March, in New Jersey, and will list it as the time nears, as I am working
madly to finish the new work.

Regards,
Miriam Schaer