Re: trim books with a circular saw?

That's an interesting idea.  I DO have a band saw, which I've used (not
very well, mind you) to cut metals -- replacing the normal band saw baldes
with tiny little fine-toothed jewelers saws -- the type you put in a
jeweler's hand saw.  Like 1/0 and 2/0's.  That set-up *could* work better
on book boards or for paper trimming than it did for my metal projects!

At 11:14 PM 2/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I have attached an article that appeared in the newsgroup rec.woodworking.
>
>Does anyone know if paper is ever cut with a circular saw? Is there a
>special saw blade for cutting paper?
>
>I thought that paper was always cut with a guillotine.
>

>Subject: Re: Need rec. on table saw blade for odd purpose
>

>> Brian Siano <bsiano@cceb.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> > Here's an odd project. I need a table saw blade that'll help
>> > me cut the bindings off of magazines. I've been using a fine-tooth
>> > plywood blade, but it seems like I'll need to find a blade that's
>> > as fine-toothed as a hacksaw blade. Can't seem to find one: can
>> > anyone tell me where I can get such a blade?
>> >
>> > (It occurs to me that a bandsaw blade might be available,
>> > but I don't own a bandsaw, so...)

catherine lahti
non-profit resources, llc
p.o. box 721535