An exhibition of rare chinese books

Dear bookfriends:
There is a very interesting looking show here in the New York area-
I just got something in the mail about it today:

Visible Traces: Rare Books and Special collections
from the National Library of China. it is at the

Queens Library Gallery
89-11 Merrick Boulevard
Jamaica NY 11432
718-990-8665
and online: www.queenslibrary.org/gallery

The show will be up until March 15, 2000

Sat. Feb 19 there is a symposium at the Flushing Library, also in Queens.
Space is very limited. Call 718-990-8665 for info.

I personally have not seen the exhibition yet, but it will be up until
March 15, and there is a hard cover catalog available. My friend who sent
me the information, is a scholar of chinese paper cuts and said it is a
remarkable achievement and rare opportunity to see the work that is being
displayed: there are to many examples of very rare books, oracle bones,
rubbings and sutras, that have never been seen in this country, and are
out of china for the the first time ever. There is a lot of information
on the website.