rebinding magazines and perfect binding

I don't know if I mentioned this before.

Some years ago, when I had a printing business -- I developed a simple, high
volume production method of inexpensively making what we called "layflat"
perfect bound books on regular perfect binding machines.

Since I made and sold books using this method a number of years ago, I can no
longer patent the idea. However, if anyone out there is capable of, and
interested in trying to get this method on the commercial market, I would be
happy to license my knowhow. I realize this may be difficult -- because once
the books are seen -- they can be reverse engineered by competitors.

However I do have some ideas that could still be patented that would enable
anyone to do one-at-a-time layflat perfect binding at any workspace with a new
set of tools that would retail for about $30 in its simplest form to about
$150 for a professional version.

Anyone interested in discussing this, with the idea of patenting these methods
and getting the tools and materials on the market?

I can pay for the patents if I am sure someone will manufacture them and try
to get them on the market. I assume the tools would be sold through
office-supply stores and dealers who sell binding tools and supplies. I have
no existing entry into those markets.

--
Tel: 805-965-5574 / Fax 805-965-2414 / email: mrcinc@silcom.com
Websites: http://www.modelshops.com and http://www.papershops.com and