Binding magazine sets

If I had to bind sets of stapled magazines on a regular basis --- I would be
inclined to try and come up with a method of restapling the pages in sets
through to a flexible, tough spine and a wrap-around internal cover that would
then be glued (front and back) to an external wrap-around cover, allowing the
inner spine to float next to the outer spine of the cover.

Does this long, one sentence description make sense?

I have made books something like this with a wraparound outside cover over a
plastic comb binding with front and back cardstock cover sheets -- thus hiding
the plastic comb and providing a spine on which a title can be printed. I was
going to try to patent this -- but found a number of computer companies were
using this technique for computer manuals.

If anyone tries this with magazines  -- let me know if it works.
--
Tel: 805-965-5574 / Fax 805-965-2414 / email: mrcinc@silcom.com
Websites: http://www.modelshops.com and http://www.papershops.com and