Re: Laser printing onto cloth!!

I am very interested in this discussion and have some questions.

Most home laser printers are limited to letter- or legal-size paper. In
order to print on a piece of cloth to be used for a one-piece cover, the
book could be no taller than 6 and a half inches. Or one could print the
sides of a quarter-bound book taller book separately.

The local copy shop has a color lazer copier that accommodates 11 x 17
sheets. The owner is the only one allowed to use it. I'm afraid to ask him
to experiment with printing on bookcloth. The original would have to be in
color on white, wouldn't it?

I don't have a color laser printer (mine uses black toner) so I can't print
colors at home. I have a Kwikprint and Goldsmith hot foil stampers, but
that limits me to the few fonts I have. I've heard of using foils to print
on cloth on a laser printer, but I don't know how that is done. Can anyone
give step-by-step directions? Where are colored foils in sheets available?
Or coes it come in wide rolls?

I'll be waiting for answers,
Betty
Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org