'snuff about Snuff

>   I know this may be a bit of a hard one for many of you and don't want to =
>   shock or upset you in any way, but I'm preparing a lecture on =
>   contemporary art and would be interested in your feedback -- as =
>   professional artists in different fields.
>
>   Do you think snuff movies could be considered as art?

I'd say they should be considered state's evidence.

After that, we get into the same dilemma as before--to wit, in Danto's terms,
about-ness of art. And in my terms, the truth conditions of art.

Oh, I just noticed, this come from the Book Arts list; I thought it was from the
ArtCrit list. Do you want to go there with it?

Michael Brady
16 Pedestal Rock Lane
Durham, NC 27712
Voice  919 471 9554    fax 919 962 2707