Re: edge gillding machines

Harcourt Bindery sells them and I think ther're around $500. Essentially
they're a silicone rubber coated, heated roller. You prepare your edge
(sanding...) so that it's as smooth as can be lay on the gold/colored foil
you want, and then go over it with the heated roller. I used one once years
ago. The edge is shinier than it would be if you used gold leaf, but it's
oh, so easy. The preparation is crucial though. There is a link to Harcourt
from the Individual/Bindery section of the Book Arts Links page. The URL is
in my sig/message footer/header.

p.

At 11:34 PM 2/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List Members;
>
>I have just become aware of the existence of a edge gilding machine(s)
>being available for small binderies.  Does anyone have experience with
>this.  Do you know ho a supplier might be.  Any information is
>appreciated!

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography