Re: To the wind with classical intaglio tradition!

Robyn,

I kept this older post of yours to reply to becasue I was interested in
your activities with high school students and freeing up the intaglio
process.  Sorry, I am so late in responding. A style of intaglio that I
think is very liberating is Collagraph, using a hand built plate of
board, cardboard, paper, and other VERY THIN materials, put together
with matte medium and then printed intaglio and also relief with a hard
roller.  I had a graduate student who used this technique along with
monoprinting to do some incredible large prints. Since the plate
materials are inexpensive the students can work as large as the paper
and press they have available.

Hope your project was a great success.

Mary Book