Birchbark

I have been experimenting with a pile of birch bark that I brought home from
Maine last summer.  I have had some good luck.  With some soaking and
peeling (to make thinner) it turns and folds fairly well.

Has anyone else worked with birchbark as a covering material?  How was it
used?  Are there any special techniques?

(BTW - My bark was stripped from logs in the wood pile.  Don't strip living
trees.  Tourist have really done a number on some of the birch groves along
Route 1)

Geoff

--
The Art Department Studio Camps and Workshops
Teaching Kids and Teachers about Bookarts, papermaking and photography

(317) 773-7680

http://www.ameritech.net/users/artdept/artdept.html