Re: more adhesive questions

Carrie,

Did you preshrink the cloth and back it with paper before using it to cover
the boards? Also, did you apply the paste to the cloth or to the boards?

I've never experienced any problem using backed or a tightly woven unbacked
cloth if I apply the adhesive, wheat paste or PVA mix, to the board first,
then position the board on the back of the cloth.

Wheat paste lasts a few days longer if you refrigerate it, but many binders
find doing so changes the texture of the paste. It really doesn't take so
long to make paste in small quantities as you need it.

PVA contains a preservative that keeps the paste mixed with it from molding
or spoiling so regrigeration isn't necessary, except in a very hot climate.
Many binders object to the use of formaldehyde and other chemicals use as
disinfectants and preservatives.

I hope I've helped,
Betty