Birchbark

--------------C96A08BD9F6CFA7E63A3C0DC

I've used birch bark off live trees collecting in late summer taking care only to cut into the bark a
few  outer layers and not to thinner bark. Some times it will peel off the tree with out my help
after cutting, popping off onto the ground

bark from dead  trees is much harder  to separate than from living trees.

I've done one book with the covers out of bark from a rotten branch keeping the shape of the branch
using a piano hinge binding. The hinges were thin birch bark.

Steve

--------------C96A08BD9F6CFA7E63A3C0DC

begin:vcard
n:Daiber;Steven