Careful with Pottery Barn BookPresses

Hi.  You may want to be careful with the Pottery Barn
bookpresses.  I bought one in Seattle last week
(thanks for the notice on the list!) and broke it
Saturday night when applying a little too much
pressure I guess.

I was tightening a journal when the top part (sorry I
don't know the term, the horizontal piece of wood that
the vertical screw/bar goes through) cracked.  I am
going to return it today.  I'm afraid I feel this is
more decorative than functional for my needs.

Fred Chang

PS.  I second the request for bookbinding sources in
the Seattle area, or good mail-order places.

=====