Re: Newbie

I use a top of the line iMac to generate film for photopolymer plates for
letterpress ... I like the fact that such a huge amount of really excellent
historical type is available for the mac (I have the entire Jenson family,
small caps, all alternates, italics and swash - in three different optical
sizes!!) and it is so easy to use. Certainly there are many graphics options
for the PC too but I think typographically the Mac has a lot more available,
although the PC is catching up I suppose.

Anyone interested in photopolymer on the mac can email me offlist - I am in
the process of printing a new edition of Daisy Miller that I have typeset in
Quark XPress in benedictine style, which includes some of James' letters and
notes on the manuscript. I did almost everything on the mac (the cover is
set in wood and metal type though) and am printing the book (which is pretty
tiny) on my C&P Pilot.

Joshua

on 2/28/00 9:06 AM, Sally Jackson at serifm@FASTLANE.NET wrote:

> If you are going to do graphics, I don't think there is a better option
> than a Mac.  I have a new G4, and it is sooooo fast with all my graphics
> applications.
>
> Sally

> <http://www.philobiblon.com>

Joshua Lurie-Terrell, webmaster, Social Sciences & Interdisciplinary Studies
t 916.278.5254
e luriete@csus.edu
o amador 453d