From: Mary Powell <MaryAPowell@NETWALK.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
<BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Date: Monday, February 28, 2000 15:51 PM
Subject: Newbie

>------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BF8043.7A658160
>
>Hi to all!!
>
>I am only on the periphery of bookbinding, as marketing
person for a =
>company that primarily manufactures book-like boxes (also
does some =
>bookbinding), but have learned a lot from reading the
discussions on the =
>list.  The company is looking into a new computer and
debating between =
>Mac and PC.  They have an old Mac which they have used
Adobe programs =
>for graphics and photography.  They want to upgrade to a
more versatile =
>system.  I would think that there are programs that they
could help them =
>with their die work and gold-embossing.  Does anyone have
any =
>recommendations? =20
>=20
>Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
=20

>Mary, in Worthington, Ohio
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BF8043.7A658160
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
><HTML><HEAD>
><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2>Hi to
all!!</FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2>I am only on the
periphery of =
>bookbinding, as=20
>marketing person for a company that primarily manufactures
book-like =
>boxes (also=20
>does some bookbinding), but have learned a lot from reading
the =
>discussions on=20
>the list.&nbsp; The company is looking into a new computer
and debating =
>between=20
>Mac and PC.&nbsp; They have an old Mac which they have used
Adobe =
>programs for=20
>graphics and photography.&nbsp; They want to upgrade to a
more versatile =

>system.&nbsp; I would think that there are programs that
they could help =

>them&nbsp;with their die work and gold-embossing.&nbsp;
Does anyone have =
>any=20
>recommendations?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2>Any insights or
experiences would be =
>greatly=20
>appreciated.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 size=3D2>Mary, in
Worthington,=20
>Ohio</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BF8043.7A658160--

related
>            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ
at: