Re: Newbie

A few things. I believe the original poster was going to work with an
outside vendor to have things made from their design. Whether it's artwork,
cutting dies or whatever, the big issue is going to be what software/format
does THE VENDOR use. Your file will have to work with their system. If
you're self contained, it doesn't matter. Mac/PC it's all the same
especially with bigger apps like Freehand, Illustrator,... It's just what
you're used to. When I was at Gaylord we sent our artwork out to be made.
We sent the files, the formats had to be compatible. Check with your
vendor. If you / the files can't talk all further communication will be
futile.

p.

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography