Re: A question (Talcum Powder)

Over twenty years ago I was given advice by a "book professional" that
the way to deal with musty books was to put talc into the pages of the
books and put them in a dry environment for several months. Since I was
leaving the country for a couple of years, I did just that -- dusted the
books with unscented talcum powder and stored them in my parents attic
in North Louisiana.  It seemed to work fine to remove the smell, and
with no visible harm to the books.  The squirrels were another story!

Ann Frellsen