Re: A question

> I'm glad it is just talcum. We once had a request for help for boxes of
> books that had DDT dumped over them.
>
> Annie Armour
> Sewanee

It could be worse. My parents' house is full of books my father was ordered
to destroy because they'd been part of the library of a TB sanatorium. I
know you're supposed to be able to get ringworm (a fungal infection) from
books and paper. (When I caught it, my cat was cleared by the vet, and they
decided the culprit was a set of farmer's account books I'd been auditing.)
Are books known to be the vector for any other illnesses?

Jane