nomenclature

Thanks to those who are vigilant and sticklers for specific names! I called
the two presses announced for sale last week "standing" because they are
substantially larger than my own several nipping/copy presses, with more
daylight and platens of greater dimensions. And harder to move around, open
and close, etc. They are still able to accommodate several books at a time,
though of course not as many as a large press. My wooden French Standing
Press will handle many volumes at a time, depending on the pressing boards
and thickness of the books themselves.

I stand corrected, so to speak.

Paula Marie Gourley