another reminder

--------------627BE49743EB639379A55841

Another reminder:

Four Summer Residencies

The Columbia College Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts is
offering two one-week and two two-week artistís residencies in the
summer of
2000.  The residencies are for Chicago area artists or for artists who
are able to
provide living quarters in Chicago, though minimal dormitory housing may
be
available.
The residencies are intended to provide time, facilities and assistance
for
specific projects.  We are seeking emerging and mid-career artists who
are
experienced papermakers, printers or book artists.  Selected artists
will receive
studio space, access to the Centerís fabulous new papermaking,
letterpress and
bookbinding facilities and our computer lab and darkroom, an assistant,
a $200
materials budget, and a stipend of $500 for one-week residencies, and
$1000 for
two-week residencies.  We ask residents to give one public lecture about
their
work and their residency project, and we will ask for one copy of the
completed
project, for our archives.

Please send a project proposal detailing:
(1) What you plan to do.
(2) A budget and timeline for completion of the project.
(3) An indication of your housing needs, if any.
(4) A brief paragraph, stating why a residency will be beneficial to
your
work at this time.

Please send this proposal along with 20 slides and slide descriptions,
a copy of your resume, and a SASE for your slides by March 21, 2000, to:

Residency
Columbia College Chicago
Center for Book and Paper Arts
1104 South Wabash, 2nd Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60605

Phone: 312-344-6630   Fax:  312-344-8082

Email:  book&paper@popmail.colum.edu

--------------627BE49743EB639379A55841

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;quoted-printable;work:312-344-6635 direct=3B 312-344-6630 general
tel;fax:312-344-8082
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.colum.edu/centers/bpa
org:Columbia College;Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts
adr:;;1104 South Wabash, 2nd Floor;Chicago;IL;60605;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:mcraig@popmail.colum.edu
title:Exhibitions Coordinator, Faculty
fn:Melissa Jay Craig