IV. Seminar of the Society of Czech Bookbinders

IV. Seminar of the Society of Czech Bookbinders=20

in Plzen, Czech Republic

29. June - 1. July 2000

Dear friends,=20

The IV. Seminar of the Society of Czech Bookbinders will be held in Plzen,=
=20

from 29th June - to St. July 2000. We will have very interesting program, a=
s you can see from the attachment which I have included. We are expecting a=
bout 150 bookbinders, printers, restorers and other book lovers. All worksh=
ops, lodgings and food will be organized in the School Dormitory. There is =
also a good hotel near by, for people who don?t want to stay in the Dormito=
ry.

There is also a lot of fun in our meetings.=20

We would be happy if you could attend!

I am enclosing the information about the Seminar and also our program. Plea=
se, fill the application and mail it back via E-mail or regular mail.

Jarmila Sobota

Application:

Name:

Address:

Phone:

Fax:

Mobil:

E-mail:

WWW:

:

Payments? information:

Seminar fees:=20

1,500. -Czech Coronas ( It is about 27 British Pounds, 85DM, $50) for non m=
emberts of the Society of Czech Bookbinders,=20

1,000.- Czech Coronas for members.

=2E

Now, please cross that part, which is applicable to you

1.Lodging: Thursday/Friday_____Friday/Saturday____Saturday/Sunday_____

a/School dormitory/double bed rooms: 150. -Czech Coronas per one bed: _____=
_

b/Hotel: 1350. -Czech Coronas per room

2.Food: Thursday/Friday_____Friday/Saturday____Saturday/Sunday_____

Breakfast: -------------------------50. -CC___________ 50. -CC_____________=
_

Lunch: _________________75. -CC___________75.-CC______________

Dinner: 75. -CC____________75.-CC___________75.-CC______________

Vegetarian food: _______

All money can be paid in Plzen with Czech Coronas in cash, to avoid bank ch=
arges.=20

Program:

Thursday, June 29.1999:

Registration

Evening:

Lecture - Doc.Dr.J.H.Kocmana: Hand made paper - Yesterday and today

Friday, June 30.1999:

Workshops:

Don Etherington, U.S.A.: Japanese paper hinge repair

August Kulche - Leather decoration with pastel paints

Evening:

Exhibition of members of the Society of Czech Bookbinders. Reception.

Lecture: Philip Smith, England

Saturday, July 1st.1999:

Workshops:

Monique Lariere, U.S.A. - Edge to edge doublers

Jir=ED F=F3gl: Gilding of edges.

Evening: Banquet with live music, Raffle and Auction

Sunday:

Museum will be open for people who are interested to see the exhibit again.