Re: Paste Paper vs. Paint Paper

Methlycellose was mixed as directed* to a consistency of thick
molasses/syrup. *Follow instructions on methylcellose. Then squirted in
acrylics to desired intensity. The ones I used were "cheap" student grade
colors in tube. Used ca. 1/3 to standard smallish plastic cup. To get more
intense colors use more color.

p.

At 02:00 PM 3/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Last night, in my beginning bookbinding class we made pastepapers using
>>straight acrylics mixed with straight methlcellulose.
>
>Could you please clarify this for me?  Did you add acrylic paint to
>powdered methylcellulose?  I'm wondering because I have been unable
>to get as intense colors as I want so far by using the standard
>recipes.
>
>Mary Hackney aka Synchronicity

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography