Re: Paste Paper vs. Paint Paper

The other thing I should add is this.

I wet my paper out evenly with a sponge from both sides. This

a) keeps it from curling
b) holds it to my bench by surface tension allowing me to make my
patterns... with out really worrying about it slipping...
c) helps with spreading the mixture and gives more time as the paper isn't
absorbing much more moisture from the mixture.

This doesn't mean that the water is flowing down the page, just that it is
evenly wetted out.

p.

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography