Perfect Bound Hardcover Books?

Can anyone suggest a site or source that features
methods for binding a perfect bound book into a
hardcover?  Not so much for mass market paperbacks,
but some of the nicer quality trade paper editions.

I noticed some of the hardcover Harry Potter books are
perfect bound (glued spine, no stitched signatures)
and I wondered what is the easiest way to bind
favorite paperbacks?  Do you glue a thick band of
super to the spine, or do you glue the original covers
to boards, then cover the boards (with or without new
endpapers)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Fred

=====