Re: Book Art Exhibit travels to NYC from Italy

<HTML>
There is an exhibit coming up in New York City of artists books that is
traveling here from Italy. Those of you in NY, I hope you'll stop by and
see what Italian book artists are doing:
<BR><U>Libri Mai Mai Visti...Books Never Ever Seen</U>
<BR>Opening Reception April 3 from 6 to 8pm
<BR>at New York University Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimo' Gallery
<BR>24 West 12th Street
<BR>Exhibition runs April 3-21
<BR>Gallery hours are Mon-Fri 9AM to 5PM
<P>This is a 'hands-on' exhibit that is held yearly and this is the first
time it&nbsp; travels to the US.
<BR>Considering the way books can be treated (in reference to Jennifer
s'"why I pulled my book from the show"), AND having had books returned
from shows where the works weren't supposed to be handled, looking worn,
and in one case badly damaged, I am really curious to see the condition
these books are in after already being handled by the public for a month
or more in Italy. For my part, I gave them fairly rugged, playful books,
rather than more fragile and complex works because I was rather wary.
<BR>Now, in New York City, I am convinced people will walk in and steal
everything not nailed down... (hey, I'm a New Yorker). But&nbsp; I do agree
with Miriam Schaer about letting our creations go forth into the world.
It will always be a push-pull situation...I also have flesh and blood offspring,
and the feeling is analogous.
<BR>Susan Rotolo
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>