Re: collection of early printed leaves

Many have voiced concern about my desire to purchase loose leaves.
However my feeling has been that my not buying them will not stop others
from breaking books.  Take a look at e-bay.

However Dorothy Africa raises a point that I have not considered.

"It is tailor made to encourage unscrupulous persons to vandalize books
in rare book libraries and special collections in the hopes of selling
such items to the
unsuspecting publisher. "

This I do not want to do and makes me rethink the entire project.

Thanks for the input many of you have given on this subject.

Clarke Otten

The Atlanta Vintage Book Doctor / The Long Road Press
at Atlanta Vintage Books
3660 Clairmont Rd.
Atlanta, Ga. 30341