Re: recycling 3-ring binders

Brute force. Rip the cardboard off, hack with a knife and then use heavy
duty cutters to break the rivets. It can be a pain, but works.

Peter

At 10:44 AM 1/26/00 -0900, you wrote:
>Peter:  :
>
>> I have, though not in any great quantities. Generally I buy better binders
>> (I'm partial to black metal) and rip them apart. I'll then use better
>> quality board and new rivets. Much better result than using the material
>> that comes with the cheap vinyl covered ones.
>
>How do you remove the hardware from the binder?
>
>Artemis

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography