Re: When bad things happen to good books.

At 08:46 AM 3/15/00 -0000, you wrote:
>In my opinion, the worst enemy of books have been the
>librarians
>themselves, who in the past regularly defaced books by
>tearing out
>the title page when discarding a book, and who often put
>numerous
>library ink stamps on plates, etc.

Speaking as a librarian, we sometimes stamp plates to make them less
desirable so they don't get stolen.

Mark W. Arend, Scoutmaster              Outside of a dog a book is
Troop 736                                    Man's best friend.  Inside
Beaver Dam, Wisc.                            of a dog it's too dark
                                             to read.
                                                 --Groucho Marx