Re: Japanese Silk Blues

Ann,

My personal experience has shown me that solvent, or anything else
should solve your problem nicely. Your tiny stain will disappear within
the larger stain caused by the solvent.

Did you back the silk with Japanese paper before pasting it to the
boards? Although the normal technique is to apply paste to the cloth and
attach the paper, I found that with silk, it is easier to apply paste to
the paper. (No accidental bleed through.)

For that matter did you use glue or paste? A low gluten rice or wheat
paste works well. Good luck with your project.

John