Re: Libraries and Rare Books Re Britannica

There are wonderful librarians out there, and there are
dolts, just like
any other field of human endeavor. Lets hear praise for the
good ones.
Pogo lovers of the highest qualification. [Snoopy was an
also an animal
and I guess that they do not all look alike, despite my faux
pas]
Lets discourage the bad ones so they can change their ways.

Britannica is now available on the web on line free of
charge. Good stuff.
No need for any library to buy this again? Only if they
offer terminals & access.
The Financial Times archives are now available on the web
free. Good stuff.

Stephen King just published his first electronic book on the
web.
Now you can take your laptop computer and a 35 pound spare
battery or 500 ft
extension cord to the beach or deep into your bathtub to
read this 100
odd page 4 oz booklet in shocking comfort.

Art