From:   Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of ann peterson
Sent:   Thursday, March 16, 2000 7:39 AM
To:     BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject:        Japanese Silk Blues

Just covered a case binding with a gorgeous Japanese silk book cloth.
Despite all my best efforts to be careful, a tiny spot of glue has made
a tiny stain on the silk which, albeit tiny in fact, is unacceptably
large in my view.

Please oh please does anyone know of a way to eradicate this kind of stain?
That is, short of cutting new boards and starting all over again.
A solvent, perhaps?

Praying to the wisdom of the List
for an answer,
Ann Peterson