Re: Japanese Silk Blues

> I have been working with Japanese book cloths for a few years and have tried
> a lot of different things to get a spot of glue off and all of them left a
> stain or water mark.  I would also like to know if anyone has a remedy.  One

According to "Matting Mounting and Framing Art, a Practical Guide for
Professional Results" (the section on covering mats with silk) --

"One spot of glue and everything must be done over!  There is no way a spot
can be cleaned; it just gets worse."

He does suggest that you can 1) thin the glue slightly with water, this will
make it easier to apply a thin and even coat, and 2) allow the pva to dry
and then dry mount your silk with dry-mount press or an iron.

Shu-Ju