Re: I would rather burn them

In a message dated 03/18/2000 3:30:24 PM, prtsbyaj@EUREKANET.COM writes:

<< We need more unique products both artisticaly as well as the subject
matter.
The original Book Artist - Johan Gutenberg - used tried and proven text to
create a work of art which today stands without equal. >>

These two sentences seem to me to contradict one another. The first seems to
suggest that original works are needed, textual, visual, structural, etc. - a
statement with which I agree. The second seems to say that what is really
needed is to recreate a text (such as the Bible) on which agreement as to its
merit already exists, but to do that very well. Would you clarify your
meaning? Barbara Harman