Heat sensitive ink?

A friend has a time card clock in his factory -- uses cards that show an image
when struck with heated keys. He says old style thermofax paper works in the
machine too. The card manufacturer has discontinued the cards. My friend is
looking for a formula for heat sensitive ink -- and also thinks it was called
disappearing ink when he was a kid.

I offered to search the net for him and am starting here. Has anyone on this
list ever made their own heat sensitive ink? Anyone know where to get a formula?

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will send you whatever information
I find. If enough people write to me off list -- I will put the info on the list.

Seems like it would have some applications for bookartists.

By the way -- my son was recently involved with a full spectrum of silk screen
inks that show their color only when acted on by sunlight. Has anyone used
these in producing books? I can dig up information on these inks if anyone is
interested. Would probably work with Print Gocco.
--
Tel: 805-965-5574 / Fax 805-965-2414 / email: mrcinc@silcom.com
Websites: http://www.modelshops.com and http://www.papershops.com and